Articles in edited volumes
January 27th, 2011
- "The short-run behaviour of prices and quantities in Indian industry", in `Indian industry: policies and performance', edited by D. Mookherjee, Delhi: Oxford University Press, 1995.
- "The current stabilisation programme and the Indian economy ", in `Planning in India', edited by M. Chattopadhyaya, P. Maiti and M. Rakshit, New Delhi: Sage Publications, 1996.
- "The fiscal deficit in macroeconomic perspective", in `Public Finance: Policy Issues for India', edited by S. Mundle, Delhi: Oxford University Press, 1998.
- "The new fundamentalism in macroeconomic policy", in `Keynes, Keynesianism and Political Economy, Essays in Honour of Geoff Harcourt', edited by P. Kriesler and C. Sardoni, Routledge Frontiers of Political Economy 22; London: Routled
- “India: Economic policy in the last decade”, `Enciclopedia Italiana, Appendice 4’, Roma: Fondata da Giovanni Treccani, 2000
- “Analysing government intervention in foodgrain markets”, with B. Ramaswami, in `Public support for food security’, edited by N. Krishnaji and T.N Krishnan, New Delhi: Sage Publications, 2000
- “Land reforms and the question of food in Kerala”, originally the Daniel Thorner Lecture for 1997 reprinted with a postscript, in ‘Land, Labour and Rights’, edited by Alice Thorner, New Delhi:Tulika Press
- "Macroeconomic policy, structural reforms, and economic growth", in 'Management of Government Finances', Delhi: Oxford University Press for the Asian Development Bank, forthcoming 2009